These are the official posting guidelines ("Site Guidelines") for www.ratemyteachers.com ("Site", "we", "us" or "our") and is a part of,
Comments should only be posted by users who have taken a class from the teacher/professor or who are currently taking a class with the teacher/professor.
Please review the following guidelines before posting a rating and/or comment on the Site:
- Be honest and objective in your assessment of a teacher/professor;
- Limit your comments to an individual's professional abilities;
- Proof your comments before submitting. Poor spelling will not cause your rating to be removed. However, poor spelling may result in your rating being discredited by those who read it;
- Leave off your Name, Initials, Pseudo Name, or any sort of identifying mark when posting;
- Refer to the "rating categories" to help you better elaborate your comments;
- Remember that negative comments that still offer constructive criticism are useful. Comments that bash a teacher/professor on a personal level are not; and
- Submit helpful comments that mention a teacher/professor's ability to teach and/or communicate effectively, course load, type of course work and course topics.
- DO NOT:
- Use "definitive" language, (e.g., "always","never","etc.");
- Include any piece of information that may identify you or other students;
- Include any piece of identifiable information for a teacher/professor that would allow someone to contact the subject outside of his/her school. This also includes remarks about the person's family and/or personal life;
- State your opinion as fact;
- Post a rating if you have not taken a class with the teacher/professor;
- Input false course or section codes;
- Rate a person more than once for the same class;
- Reference existing comments;
- Rate yourself or other teachers/professors, if you are a teacher/professor;
- Speak on behalf of other people; or
- Post hyperlinks.
Top High Schools
Top High School Teachers